If you haven’t used Siri lately it’s time you gave her another chance. Here are seven really cool things you can do with Siri. Give them a whirl:
- “Turn on the flashlight.” (Also “Turn off the flashlight.”)
- “Who played football yesterday?” (Gives you scores of all the games)
- “Call Mom using speaker phone.” (First teach Siri who “Mom” is by activating Siri and saying something like “Darlene Boyce is my Mom”)
- “Make the screen brighter.” (or dimmer)
- “Play ‘The Daily'” (a New York Times podcast)
- “Show me all the pictures I took in Santa Barbara.” (Searches your Photos app)
- “Give me a list of Robert De Niro movies.” (Follow-up with “Just the action movies” and Siri filters the list for you. Follow-up again with “Just the good ones” and Siri filters further.)
Note: I highly recommend you turn on “Hey Siri.” That’s in Settings/Siri & Search.
Did this article help you?Maybe you'd like to contribute to the
Christian Boyce coffee fund.
Want some longer how-tos?
Visit me at christianboyce.com.
Looking for quick tips about Macs?
See my One-Minute Macman website.